The Entire Star Trek Universe at High Speed

Monday, October 5, 2009

The Nine-Year Old Response: The Man Trap

I liked "The Man Trap." But, in a way I was confused of why that monster needed salt. Out of all the things, why salt? And, in the end when we saw the monster and he was getting shooted and stuff, I kind of felt bad for the monster and I don't know how they did it but the expression on the monster's face looked really really sad and it kind of made me kind of sad. But other than that I liked it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe salt b/c that's something we need to stay alive and keep our bodies working, and the creators of the show thought we could relate to it?

hawkbrwn said...

Spock, importantly, says in this episode that his ancestors originated in an ocean with very different molecular composition and so the chemical make up of his blood is different from that of us humans. As a result, the creature has no use for him. This is important too because we see that the creature doesn't simply kill, it only kills those that have salt, because it needs salt.